Senior Designer (3-7 years)
Blaze Makoid Architecture is a Hamptons-based design firm specializing in custom residential and commercial work. We are currently seeking a Senior Designer with 3-7 years of experience to join our studio. Striving to create modern architecture as a respite for the demands of modern lives, our studio & design process is focused on extensive research, collaboration, support, curiosity and trust from project inception through project closeout. From New York to California, from the beach to the mountains, we create luxurious homes that function as highly-personalized, individual resorts leading to our work being recognized with numerous awards and publications.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work closely with senior staff and the firm’s principal while leading your respective project teams to develop and carry the design intent of a project. A successful candidate must be highly motivated, organized and detail oriented with a passion for architecture.
Responsible for the success of multiple projects from schematic design through construction administration, the ideal candidate must meet following qualifications:
- 3-7 years of professional experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture
- Professional experience in construction documents, detailing, digital modeling and graphics
- Working knowledge of building codes, standards & construction
- Self-motivated, detail oriented, energetic with exceptional design, graphic, communication and organizational skills
- Computer skills must include Sketchup, Lumion, Revit, AutoCAD and the Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to work independently & collaboratively in our studio with clients, consultants, vendors etc.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States and have the willingness to relocate or commute to the Hamptons
Compensation will be commensurate with abilities and relative experience.
No phone calls please.
Please send resume and portfolio, no larger than 5MB, with the “Your Last Name_Senior Designer” in the subject line to: email@example.com